HONEYMOON IS A CELEBRATION OF MARRIAGE FOR NEWLYWEDS. A SYMBOLIC STARTING AFRESH, AWAY FROM THE USUAL MUNDANES OF LIFE. IT IS ABOUT TAKING OFF ON AN EXPLORATION OF BOTH ROMANCE AND SOUL SEARCHING OF A BOND TO START A FUTURE TOGETHER.
AND WHAT BETTER PLACE TO START THIS JOURNEY THAN INDIA!
India can be very inspiring and refreshing not only for the soul because of its ancient spiritual vibe, but it also is the most engaging, colorful, chaotic assault on the senses – all of them, nearly all of the time. India is a vivid kaleidoscope. It has a variety of landscapes, royal cities, misty mountain retreats, magnificent historical sites, rich cultures and festivities and colorful people.
• To the north, there are the Himalayas.
• To the south, beaches.
• To the west, desert.
• And to the east, tribal territory.
Although, the country is filled with amazing places worthy of a lengthy travel bucket-list, here are top 5 honeymoon destinations in India that represent 5 different landscapes to choose from:
1) GULMARG (KASHMIR)
Often known as ‘Paradise on Earth’, the valley between the Great Himalayan range and the Pir Panjal mountain range, Kashmir is a place of beautiful simplicity and pristine natural beauty. With vistas that give Switzerland a run for its money, Kashmir’s beauty is second to none and is the perfect place for honeymooners. There is so much more to explore in Kashmir that it is hard to pick one place!
Gulmarg is one of the very well-known locations in Kashmir. It has the world’s highest Gondola. Situated against the back of snow-covered mountains, a paradise for skiers and a piece of heaven for couples. This place gives you an opportunity to experience snowboarding, trekking, fishing, golfing, and mountain biking, gondola ride.
• Major attractions: Gulmarg Gondola, Apharwat Peak, Ski Resort, Alpine Guides.
• Best time to visit: Although Gulmarg is a year-round destination, you can plan your visit depending on what you would like to do there. you can enjoy the popular snow heaven in winter and witness the true Gulmarg which is popularly known as the ‘Meadow of flowers’ in summer!
2) MUSSOORIE (UTTARAKHAND)
Uttarakhand is blessed with tranquil hill stations and serene atmosphere, each place brings a bundle of romance for the lovebirds.
Mussoorie is popular for its romantic views and is quite popular as a honeymooning hotspot. It is located in the Garhwali Himalayas, with the Doon valley to the south and the Himalayas in the north. It makes you feel like you are at the midpoint, experiencing the nature surrounding you with every scene being so placid!
• Major attractions: The Kempty Falls, Benog Hill Trek and the night safari and camping at the Mussoorie wildlife sanctuary.
• Best time to visit: The winter months starts in October. See the most pleasant of climates and festivities. Although for people who like to get the best out of Mussoorie, they should visit the place between mid-February and mid-April.
3) SHILLONG (MEGHALAYA)
Meghalaya; a land famous for receiving the highest rainfall in the world and aptly called the ‘abode of clouds’, it is during the monsoon season when this capital city of Shillong turns magical. Countless waterfalls and lakes come alive, caves become slippery and clouds play an unending game of hide and seek. Shillong is referred to as the Scotland of the East because it unfurls the colonial vibe so much! It can arguably be said to be the most charming hill-station of India.
• Major attractions: Elephant Falls, Nahkalikai Falls, Umaim Lake, Ward’s Lake, Beadon Falls, Mawphlang Falls, and Airforce Museum.
• Best time to visit: The best time to visit Meghalaya is actually around the year, excluding the monsoon season (June to September) when it rains heavily. But, in case you both are rain-lovers, this could be your heaven.
4) UDAIPUR (RAJASTHAN)
There is nothing better than spending your honeymoon in the royal Rajasthan. From hot air balloon ride or a camel ride or an exotic desert camp or exploring the royal palaces or walking down a colorful street buying handcrafted fabrics & piece of art. You will be spoilt for choice in Rajasthan. It is the engaging, colorful, chaotic assault on the sense we were earlier talking about!
A honeymoon in Udaipur is a rich, romantic and a royal start to your happily ever after! From the shimmering lakes to the iconic palaces and museums, Udaipur is one of the most romantic and royal spots in India. It gives you an opportunity to indulge in this old-world royal charm and to experience a honeymoon to remember.
•Major attractions: City Palace, Lake Palace, Monsoon Palace, Boating at Fateh Sagar Lake, The Gulab Bagh, Jaisamand Lake, Shikara Ride, Lake Pichola, Aravali Hills.
• Best time to visit: Talking about the best time to visit Udaipur, specifically for a honeymoon, the period from September to March is the most suitable duration to plan a perfect escape.
5) POOVAR (KERELA)
Backwaters in Kerala have always remained the center of attraction in this southern state of India. A laid-back houseboat rides in the backwaters, among the green meadows, has made Kerela on of the best honeymoon destinations in India because of the natural experience and serenity in a mesmerizing landscape.
Poovar is a beautiful village and its unique beauty attracts numerous tourists from all across the globe. The floating cottages are an amazing experience, where you keep moving as the floating boats come to the boat jetty, and a little balcony facing the backwaters has a fantastic view of the estuary. Here the backwaters, the beach, the lake and the Arabian sea come together to create unparalleled beauty. These cottages in the Island resort are completely cut-off from the main city and the only means of communication is a boat ride few times a day through backwaters.
Now…doesn’t this sound like the perfect honeymoon destination!!
• Major attractions: Poovar Beach, Shanghumukham Beach, Kovalam Beach, Kurumkal hill.
• Best time to visit: The best season to visit Poovar is from September to February. At this time, the temperature remains comfortable and is apt for visiting the places of interest in Poovar. If you enjoy rain – June marks the beginning of the Monsoon season in Poovar and lasts till September. The rains bring newness and rejuvenating greenery to the place.
THERE’S JUST ONE THING YOU’LL NEED TO TRAVEL THROUGH 5000 YEARS OF ANCIENT CULTURE, TRADITION, AND SUCH A VIVID KALEIDOSCOPE OF LANDSCAPES – A COMFORTABLE PAIR OF SHOES!
♡ XOXO ♡